1) - The volume of 1 gallon of fluid (U.S. liquid) is equal to how many cups of fluid (U.S. liquid)?
2) - Express 2,750,389 in scientific notation.
3) - A basketball team has won 50 games of 75 played. The team still has 45 games to play. How many of the remaining games must the team win in order to win 60% of all games played during the season?
4) - A school has 18 classes with 35 students in each class. In order to reduce class size to 30, how many new classes must be formed?
5) - A man drives x miles the first day, y miles the second day, and z miles the third day. The average mileage covered per day is
6) - When naming polygons, for the "numerical" part of the name, Greek prefixes are used. How many sides would there be on an "Octagon"?
7) - 1 kilometer =
8) - Which of the following is not an example of a polygon?
9) - If 3X - 1 = 11, what is the value of X^2 + X?
10) - A bell rings every 2 hours, a second bell rings every 3 hours, and a third bell rings every 4 hours. If all 3 bells ring at 9:00 AM. , at what time will all 3 bells next ring?
11) - A family spends 20% of its monthly income on food, 23% on rent, and 42% on other expenses and saves the balance. If the family saves $360 per month, what is its monthly income?
12) - How many 4-inch by 8-inch bricks are needed to build a walk 6 feet wide and 24 feet long?
13) - Each of the numbers below is a solution of the inequality 2x + 3 > 7 EXCEPT
14) - A room is 24 feet long, 18 feet wide, and 9 feet high. How many square yards of wallpaper are needed to paper the four walls of the room?
15) - The diameter of one bicycle wheel is 28 inches and its spokes run from the hub (or center) to the edge of the rim. The diameter of another bicycle wheel 21 inches. What is the difference in inches between the length of the spokes of the two wheels?
16) - After working 4 hours, Frank has made 21 machine parts. At the same rate, how many parts can he make in 7 hours?
17) - In his will, Mr. Adams left 25% of his estate to his wife and unevenly divided the balance between his son and his daughter. If the son received $36,000 as his share, what was the total value of the estate?
18) - 228 people have registered for a sightseeing tour of the Grand Canyon . If a tour director can take 35 people on each tour, how many tour directors will be needed to accommodate everyone?
19) - Jennifer bought a brand new sports car. The price of the car was $14,900 including sport wheels, an AM/FM CD stereo, and automatic transmission. The dealer gave her a $1,250 instant rebate on the price and 0% interest for 60 months. Jennifer made a down payment of $750. What would be the expression for Jennifer' monthly payments if she takes 60 months to pay the remaining balance?
20) - Select the number that matches the written value: eight thousandths
21) - Select the number that matches the written value: four and nine tenths
22) - Select the number that matches the written value: two thousand twenty-three
23) - Select the number that matches the written value: three hundred twenty-one thousandths
24) - John was building a new fence, and he wants it to stand 8 ½ feet above ground level. To make sure it is secure he must place it 2 ¾ feet into the ground. How long of a post should John buy?
25) - Heather is buying a T-Shirt for $8. Sales tax is 8 ¼ cents per dollar. How much will Heather pay in sales tax on her purchase?